Monday, October 27, 2008

Lattin Farms

For those of you who don't know, Lattin Farms is an actual farm that is opened to the public for things like corn mazes, market fresh produce, a bakery, interesting jams, dressings, butters, etc., and general fun for the family. Also, Kevin and I met and had our wedding reception here. Anyway, we took the kiddos out to the farm on Saturday. When we got out of the car Braden sees the "cow train," gets all excited and says, "I want to go there!" So first thing first, Braden rode the cow train. It's just barrels fixed up like cows and jerry-rigged to the back of a tractor (there are seatbelts, and every child must use them). He had a blast! That's really all he wanted to do, but we did convince him to try something else.




The bouncer! He loved it! I guess he was pretty happy that we convinced him to get off the train. They also had a little blow up jungle gym type thing for kids who couldn't or didn't want to do the bouncer. It had a little crawl through tunnel. That's what this shot is.



We also went and fed some goats. Braden thought that was pretty cool. We didn't get any good shots of that, and well, goats aren't that great anyway. Before we left, we got some shots of the kids in the pumpkin/gourd patch.







Poor Noah just wants to be bigger so he can go and do all the cool things that Braden gets to do. But even then, he had fun just watching everything that was going on around him. Lattin Farms is pretty much only open when there are things ready to eat (and be sold), and don't usually have lots of fun stuff like this until the corn maze is ready, so this isn't an everyday occurrence. All in all, it was a pretty great day. My only complaint was how many bees there were. It's a good thing for them, sure, what with pollination and all. But I just kept thinking about what if one of the kids or I got stung and it turns out that we're deathly allergic to bee stings. A littl paranoid, I know. The funny thing is that I even had a dream with lots of wasps and bees and hornets in it (indoors and out) because I was so nervous. Strange, huh? But we really did have fun. Maybe we'll go again and take the kids to the maze. Or maybe not because the maze is huge and you have to stay out of the corn. Good luck keeping Braden out!




3 comments:

Barry said...

Sounds fun, but why do you have to be hating on the goats? I have a cousin here who used to raise show goats. Hey, maybe that's what Kevin can do out here is raise show goats! Man, it's a good thing I'm always looking out for you guys.

snbjork said...

Wow, that looks so fun! It's a shame that Barry and I never leave the house to do anything fun. We're pretty boring. No news there.

I love the pictures, especially the one of Braden in the tunnel and the one of all three of your boys. They're all so cute!

I keep saying we'll take Alton to pick out a pumpkin, but have yet to do it. Big surprise. Before I know it, all the pumpkins will be gone. Why must I be such a procrastinator??

I miss you guys!

sweetpea#1 said...

That looks like it was sooo fun. I wish I knew of fun things like that for the girls around here... I still remember when I was the one working at Lattin Farms! Holy cow that was a long time ago lol.