Friday, October 10, 2008

Snow Shocker! and other Random stuff

So, as much as I like the snow, I don't think I like the snow in October. Just after the kids and I woke up this morning, we looked out the window and it was snowing! And not just a little bit. It was snowing quite hard with big flakes (think quarter size), but it's too warm to stick. It's unbelievable! Here it is, the beginning of October and it's snowing! It hardly snows in winter! Hopefully this isn't a sign that winter is going to be colder than usual this year. Poor Noah doesn't have any winter clothes because we lived in Hawaii when Braden was a baby. Looks like winter gear for Noah is moving up on my priority list.
This is the lovely view outside our dining room window.

We took Braden to the dentist the other day and he was so good that he got tochoose something out of the prize box. He chose a cool army guy. It was wrapped in plastic so Kevin told Braden that he could have it in the car. Well, pretty much as soon as it was unwrapped, Braden snapped the guy's head off. Nice one.

Sorry the picture's sideways. I forgot to fix it.

5 comments:

Brittanie said...

Wow, Fallon got snow already? Up here it almost-snowed yesterday. I was like half-frozen flurries. We haven't gotten anything that has covered the ground/cars like that. Snow is forecast for tonight and this weekend though. I'm glad it didn't stick for you.

Try to find a secondhand kids gear store. You can usually find some really great stuff for cheap since kids that age go through clothes so fast they hardly get worn. I just got 3 thick longsleeved onesies and a pair of pants for Erin for $10.

And LOL about the headless army guy!

Becca said...

I would love to see a little snow! It still feels like July here. Everytime I walk into a store and see Halloween decorations, I think, "They sure decorate early around here." It's hard to remember it's October.

sweetpea#1 said...

Holy Cow Fallon! We just had to cancel a trip to visit Fallon that was coming up and I am kind of glad now. I am still having to put on the air conditioner 24 hours and the top temp here is in the mid 90's most days! I am in your boat, not even close to enough winter clothes, but living here it hasn't been too big a deal yet. And I LOVE that headless soldier, it is telling me what to prepare for with my little boy LOL.

snbjork said...

Good grief, it's already snowing?! Crazy! I'm sure glad I don't live there. I wore shorts, short-sleeved shirt, and slippahs and it felt great! Oh wait, I guess I shouldn't be rubbing it in....

When are you coming??

Unknown said...

That's crazy about the snow. If you let me know what size Noah is I might have a few outfits I can send your way. Jamie