Monday, November 3, 2008

Well, here's just a quick post. Braden was a dragon for Halloween. We decided on that kinda last minute, thus the thrown-together-with-sweats costume. (I was trying so hard to get everything done early this year.)

Noah was Curious George, technically. But without The Man in the Yellow Hat (somebody didn't want to dress up for Halloween) he just looks like a monkey.

The day after Halloween we took the kiddos out to Scheels. It's a new sports superstore (and I mean super- Scheel's is considered the largest sports store in the world) in Sparks (Reno). It has all sorts of fun stuff. First, at either entrance is an aquarium. One has freshwater fish, the other has tropical fish. Then, for the kids is a small (6-7 ft.) climbing wall and jungle gym. There's a ferris wheel, and a race car driving simulator. Actually there's three and you can race the other drivers. Kevin's favorite part was the gun section. My favorite part was the women's clothes (not just a sports store!) and Braden loved the fish and ferris wheel and Noah loved everything! Braden and I rode the ferris wheel together and we had an extremely long ride, about twenty minutes. Braden spent the first five laughing. We had a lot of fun. For perspective, Kevin took pictures of us from the second floor of the store.

It's so crowded, though, that when I got some food to snack on I was in line for thirty minutes! Braden got wound up to the point where he couldn't calm down, so maybe next time we'll aim to go later in the day so he can maybe get a nap in the car on the way there. You live, you learn.

5 comments:

CasaJenkins said...

That looks like fun, when we were in Sparks this summer we wanted to stop by that really cool water park. We are for sure going back.

Brittanie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I TOTALLY approve of Braden's costume! lol! And my "somebody" didn't want to dress up either.

I wish I had a place like that store around here! But, as you may remember, there's nothing in Rexburg.

Barry said...

Alton didn't want to dress up at all, and I can't blame him because I didn't want to either (I kept having a lady at work ask me about 10 times a day to dress up for the costume contest at our work on Halloween).

Sounds like a great sports store. Do they sell worms?

snbjork said...

Yeah, like Barry said, Alton refused to wear a costume. I think Braden made a great dragon and Noah a very cute monkey!

That sports store sounds like a blast! Was it very expensive to ride the ferris wheel?

Kari said...

Um, I don't think they sell worms, though they are selling Hendrix Outdoors products. The Ferris wheel was a buck a ride.