Monday, December 8, 2008

Walking and potty training

Well, Noah has officially taken a step (just one) a few times now. By the end of the week I think he might be taking multiple steps. The fun begins!

Braden is starting to potty train. He's worn underwear a few days without any problems, but he has accidents most of the time, so we usually keep him in diapers and he tells us when he's going so he can go on the toilet. I don't think he quite understands or can tell when he needs to go before he's going. But this is definetly progress. Just a few months ago he was totally ambivalent about using the tolet and wearing underwear. The end is in sight!

5 comments:

CasaJenkins said...

I am ready for Linnea to be potty trained, I think she will be easy. A couple of weeks ago she came running in and saying poopoopoo and walked me to the bathroom and tried to take her paints of and set on the potty. She actually went poo poo but it only happen twice and now she just tells me. Boys are easier.

Barry said...

Dang, Alton wants no part of big boy underwear. He says he likes his diaper. I hope they make diapers for kids age 8, because I'm not sure he'll be ready by then.

By the way, I'm not sure I can read your blog if you keep using big words like 'ambivalent'. Well, maybe I'll still read your blog, but if Suzanne and I ever play games with you guys again, I'm staying away from Scrabble.

Brittanie said...

Yay! Honestly I'm terrified of the idea of potty training...lol.

And hooray for Noah taking steps! Life is about to get a million times more hectic huh?

Kari said...

Well, Barry, I hate Scrabble. So no problems there. Actually, the only time I've played it was when we lived at Marsha's house, with her. Marsha was the scary lady at the first place we lived in Hawaii. Major negative associations with Scrabble.

Barry said...

Oh yes, I remember Marsha. I can understand now why you don't want to play anymore. :)