Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Smarty Pants and Heavenly Father's "Thank You"

So I just have to say, Noah is such a smarty pants. Last night, my mom came over and watched the kiddos so Kevin and I could go to the store together. Well, Noah thinks that he gets to go whenever anyone leaves. So when he saw Kevin and me put our coats on, he runs and picks up a jacket and takes it to have it put on him, then runs and starts pulling on the diaper bag. If he could talk he probably would have said, "Don't forget me! I want to come, too!"



Noah's also my little sweetie. He loves giving me hugs, and tries to give kisses by blowing raspberries on my cheek. His two favorite games are peek-a-boo and patty cake, at least I assume they are since he's always trying to get us to play them. He just found out that he can stack and nestle these little cups at my mom's place, and it's fun watching him figure it out.
































A couple of nights ago we were trying to get Braden to say bedtime prayers. He thinks he can stay up later if he doesn't pray or brush his teeth or whatever, so sometimes getting him to pray is an ordeal. Well, I've just found that if I want him to do something, I'll tell him that if he does it I'll be sooo happy, then I'll make a big deal about it when he's done. So I tried it to get him to pray. I told him that Heavenly Father would be so happy if he prayed. Braden did pray, then, when he got done, he asked me if Heavenly Father was happy now. I said yes He is. Braden then pointed at the ceiling and asked if heavenly Father was way up there. I said that He is, and that He can see and hear everything that Braden does, so He knows when Braden prays. Then Braden said, "I can hear Him!" So I asked him what he was saying. He stopped and tilted his head and squinted his eyes like he's listening real hard, then he said, "He said, 'Thank you.' " Wow!

4 comments:

Brittanie said...

Oh my goodness, little kids are so cute! I love it when they talk about Heavenly Father.

Erin surprises me with her smartiness sometimes too.

They're so cute!

snbjork said...

Our kids sure are getting big, aren't they? Already listening for answers to prayers! I am constantly amazed by these little people. Thank you for sharing!

I will call you soon to talk about Florida!

snbjork said...

Hey, by the way, I thought I'd let you know that you can still be in on my gift giveaway if you want to post the "pay it forward" on your blog. The third gal didn't post it on her blog. She just wanted to know how my mom was doing. I'd love to be able to send you something. =) It's been spreading like wildfire here. So fun!

Kat said...

That is so sweet!!!!