Monday, April 20, 2009

Braden in Primary

This is just a funny story about Braden. I love that he's in that stage now where he's constantly doing or saying something that's not supposed to be funny but is. Anyways.

I'm a Primary worker and I go into the nursery and Sunbeams classes to teach them music. That means I go into Braden's class every Sunday. (They have Sharing time first, then they go to class and meet back in the Primary room for the last 15 minutes.) When I went into Braden's class yesterday, he wasn't there. I figured he was going to the bathroom and didn't think much about it, but when he never showed up, I asked where he was. His teacher said that he wanted to stay in the Primary room so they let him. I thought that was strange and told Kevin about it after church. He got a funny look on his face and told me that he told Braden that since today was his turn to do scripture he had to sit there quietly the whole time and be reverent and good. So that's exactly what he did. He sat there the whole time and would not leave his chair because he wanted to do the scripture. It's funny how literal kids take everything.

1 comment:

snbjork said...

Very cute story! I love that he was excited to read the scripture! It's especially fun to hear because I am the secretary and am in charge of making assignments for talks and scriptures, etc. Some of the kids get really excited and others try to run when they see me coming! =)

I can't wait to see Braden and Noah in a few weeks!!! Yay!!