Sunday, August 10, 2008

Where did the time go? And other ponderings







Actually, I shouldn't say ponderings. I just told my Primary class that pondering is when you're really thinking deeply about something, especially something important. As most of my friends know, I don't do much pondering. I should probably have said something else, maybe "And other stuff." Anyways, on with the show.



I just realized that Noah (my baby!) is going to be five months old in just over a week. What?! I thought he just barely turned four months old last week! Heck, when did that even happen? Geez. Time keeps flying faster and faster and I can't keep up. Oh well. Not much I can do about it.






Speaking of Noah, he is one noisy baby. Right now he makes that phlbbt noise and when he wants to be picked up he goes, "Mmmm. Mmmm," and arches his back if he's laying down. And, just like Braden, when he cries he says,"Mamma. Mamma." For a while there, if a toy got out of his reach he'd make the funniest sound, like a frustrated animal. I wish I had some sound clips of him, he's hilarious!






OK. To refresh everyone's memories, my parents are divorced, and my dad is remarried and has a 3 year old daughter. Well, not anymore! My dad now has twin boys. They were born this July, I think on the 17. I don't know for sure, since I once again found out third hand.






Oh, and Braden said the funniest thing the other day. About a week ago, he was eating an Otter Pop type popsicle with my mom on her front porch. It was getting dark and some stars were out. When an airplane flew by (all you could see were the lights) he said, "Look, Grandma! It's an airplane-star! It's almost like a spaceship!" Also, my word of the moment is incredible. The other day something happened and Braden said, "That's incredible!" Clear as day.






5 comments:

Brittanie said...

First off, your boys are gorgeous. I'm sure you get told that a lot.

I hear you on how fast time is going. My little Erin is now 14 months, and I'm still wondering where my teeny squeeky thing went. *sigh* I guess that's why you have to enjoy every moment while it's here, huh?

Kari said...

Actually, Braden gets a lot of comments like that. But Noah only gets them when Braden's not around. But, thank you. I think they are, too.

The A Family said...

Hey that's cool you were engaged on Kierra's Birthday, I either didn't know that or I forgot =) That is so crazy about your dad, I can't believe he has kids younger than yours!! Do you ever talk to him?

snbjork said...

Hey, it's still crazy to me how much Noah looks like Braden did as a baby. It's like going back in time....

...do you ever wish you could go back in time knowing the things you know now....

Sorry about that. Got distracted for a moment.

Isn't it incredible how quickly these little people change and grow up?? Evy's 10 months old and all over the place. She can almost out-eat me and will eat just about anything you give her! She's such a happy, content little girl. Alton speaks more clearly all the time. He can also really put me in my place sometimes. We've been teaching him not to say the word "stupid". Telling him it's not a nice word. Well, a couple of weeks ago I was very very upset about something (not having to do with him) and I said the word stupid. His head flashed my way and he very seriously said, "Don't say that word, Mommy, that's not nice!" What a kid!

I can't wait to see your little ones again and get to know the older version of Braden-man. He'll always be one of my little guys even if he doesn't remember me!

Barry said...

Our kids are growing up fast. Honestly, it makes me kind of nervous because I don't want them to grow up too fast, but it seems like as they get a little bit older they get even more fun. Hopefully that trend will continue!