Thursday, September 25, 2008

Kiddo update and pictures

Well, lets get the update out of the way, then we'll do the fun suff.



Both kids are on the mend. Braden's got a small cough, but he doesn't have disgusting amounts of snot coming out of his nose anymore. Good thing. He was driving me nuts with his whining and crying because "I've got snot!" I think he equates snot with bloody noses -he's had a few of those recently- and it scares him. Noah is still a little stuffy, but also pretty much done with the runny nose. While it's nice to not have to be constantly wiping his nose, he slept better when he was runny and not stuffy. Now, Kevin and I have the cold and poor Kevin got a sinus infection from it that is aggravating his asthma. Yay!



Braden turns three tomorrow! Holy moley! (Or holy gracious as Braden would say.)! He's doing fine. He's going to be our little sports star, it looks like. He's good at soccer, baseball (NOT T-ball), basketball, and he's got a wicked spiral when he throws a football. A few months ago he astounded me by reciting most of the alphabet. I'm not exactly sure where he picked that up. I didn't teach him. It's a good thing that he does pick things up well, I don't always do the greatest job teaching him. Braden also loves praying. It's the funniest thing. He likes to bless daddy to exercise, among other things.



Noah just turned 6 months 5 days ago and is showing signs of being a sports star, too. He likes to play with Braden's bat, and even swings it some while holding it right. Noah started pulling himself to a stand about a month ago. that's a month earlier than Braden did. Braden started walking at 8 months, so I told Noah he can't start before that. Although I don't think that I'll be mean and knock him down when he's trying to walk. A couple of days ago I was eating crackers while holding Noah and he took one from me and started eating it. I was shocked. He was so resistant to starting solids and only barely started to actually like it. But that's runny food. I didn't think he'd want actual solid food any time soon. They grow up too fast.



Okay. Now that that's out of the way, it's Picture Time!

I never realized how much alike Braden and Noah look until I saw this picture.




We went to the train museum the other day and got to ride the train. It was pretty fun.

5 comments:

sweetpea#1 said...

You guys are so cute. Your boys really do look just like each other. I hope you and Kevin start feeling better from that evil monster bug that has beat you all up. We get those and it is scary stuff because of Elizabeth. Your train ride looks like it was cool and Tinkerbell (aka Melody lol) is looking at the pictures going "chu chu train!".

snbjork said...

I'm glad you guys had fun riding the train. We visited a train museum in Chattanooga, but the train ride was extremely boring. Alton did enjoy looking at the train models inside the building and the stationary trains on display outside. But, I wish we hadn't wasted the money on the ride. Hot, dirty, slooooow, and not really anything interesting to look at.

But, again, I'm glad you guys had fun!

Did you make the blanket that Noah is laying on in the above picture? It is so cute and I love the colors!

It was so fun to finally talk with you tonight. It's been too long. Just like old times. =)

Becca said...

Happy Birthday Braden! Nothing is quite as fun as having sick kids, huh? I'm glad they are starting to feel better. They are sure cute boys!

Kari said...

I did not make the blanket. My mom did. She's decided to make a crib sized quilt for all her grandbabies (at least for now). There's only two, so not too bad for her yet. I did pick out the material, though.

The A Family said...

Your boys sound a lot like mine!