Saturday, September 13, 2008

Vacation!


Okay. I should have done this a while ago but, yes, we did go on our vacation. We left Sunday (August 24) after church and drove 2 1/2 hrs. to Twin Lakes near Bridgeport, California. Both kiddos slept almost the whole way there, which was nice, but braden whined the whole last half an hour until we got there. Noah woke up not long after Braden did and was so happy. I don't know why, but if Braden is crying (or in trouble) Noah is almost always happy.
















The night we got there, we saw a deer. Braden was so excited. Actually, he was excited about everything. He got to sleep in a big bed, he had his first s'more, and -best of all- he got to go fishing! Every morning when he woke up he'd yell, "The sun's up! Time to go fishing!" We pretty much spent all day, every day fishing, eating or sleeping. What a life!








We all caught at least one fish, though Braden got help. He liked trying to cast his own little pole
(that was hilarious) and helping us reel in ours. Most of his time was spent trying to sneakily through rocks in the water and chase ground squirrels. Noah had fun either sleeping in his sling, getting carried around, or playing on the sand. Well, at least he did like playing in the sand until he tipped over face first into it. Poor kid had sand all over his face! If we had gotten pictures we could tease him when he's older about eating sand, but alas. No pictures.










All in all, it was a nice relaxing vacation. Maybe we'll do it again sometime.












5 comments:

CasaJenkins said...

kids are growing up way to fast. We love to come out and visit.

Barry said...

What a beautiful place, I wanna go! Lucky!

I'm glad you guys had a nice vacation.

snbjork said...

Wow, does that water ever look gorgeous! I want to wade right in (that means a lot coming from me)! What a nice family trip. I'm glad you were able to get away for a few days. It makes all the difference going home after a nice little trip. Then you can feel refreshed and ready to get back into the routine.

I love the picture of Kevin with his boys no the rock. Noah looks just like you, Kari, from the side! And, I can't believe how long your hair is! It looks great! =)

P.S. When are you coming??

Kari said...

I wouldn't wade in that water; it's pretty cold. I was holding Noah while standing in front of the mirror the other day and his nose looked just like mine (but only from the front). It was uncanny.

Hopefully we'll be coming pretty soon.

Unknown said...

Hey cute blog. I know you showed it to me when I was there visiting but I finally called kevin and added it to our blog so that I will be able to check out the latest with you guys. I'm glad you were able to make it to Twin Lakes for a few days of vacation.